In less than 2 weeks, our family will be heading back to Walt Disney World for the 3rd time in 4 years and we. Cannot. Wait.
Here are the 10 things we are most excited about in this, the 2017 version of #CadelandDisney
10) Festival of Fantasy Parade (Magic Kingdom) – In previous trips to Walt Disney World, the Main Street Electrical Parade has dominated our excitement allotment. The first time we saw it was one of those inexpiable magical moments that Disney prides itself on. We planned large portions of our following trip around being able to view it. Well, now that it has moved on to Anaheim (and…eventually the great Main Street in the sky…no, YOU’RE crying…) what can fill the void? Enter the Festival of Fantasy Parade. We have never seen it, but have heard great things. Will it replace the MSEP-shaped hole in our heart? Only one way to find out.
9) Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast (BoardWalk) – This BRAND NEW character dining experience debuted earlier this month and we were lucky enough to snag a reservation to check it out. Our daughter’s favorite (non-Frozen) princesses are Rapunzel and Ariel, so getting to meet them in one place is going to be great. And our son gets to meet Prince Eric and Flynn Rider, too. As long as the food is edible, this is a can’t miss.
8) Muppets (Magic Kingdom/Hollywood Studios) – Dad’s love for the Muppets predates Dad’s love for Disney. And, any time some new, muppetational thing pops up, it’s a great day. So, The Muppets Present…Great Moments in American History and PizzeRizzo, here we come!
7) Fantasmic! (Hollywood Studios) – It will be the first time we get to see this show. Heck, it will be the first time we’ve been at Hollywood Studios after dark if you don’t count that one time we changed resort buses while the fireworks were going on (we don’t).
6) The Cabins (Fort Wilderness Resort) – Trying something a little different this time. We tend to opt for either Pop Century or Art of Animation (favorite!) as our go-to’s but we needed the extra space this time and we’re looking forward to a new – and completely different – resort experience.
5) New Rides! (Various) – The kiddos are a little bigger now, so that means that more attractions are available to us than in trips past. On the docket for this trip are a whole slew of rides we get to experience for the first time as a family including Expedition Everest, Space Mountain and Frozen Ever After.
4) Old Rides! (Various) – And, of course, we cannot wait to re-ride other beloved attractions. Star Tours! Big Thunder Mountain Railroad! Mad Tea Party! Test Track! Pirates of the Caribbean! Seven Dwarfs Mine Train! And, the perennial Cadeland favorite…Splash Mountain!
3) Frozen Ever After (EPCOT) – As mentioned above, this will be our first chance to check out EPCOT’s new Frozen ride. It opened after our last trip and upon seeing a commercial on TV for it last fall, our 3 year-old asked us to go ride it. We informed her that we had just gone to Disney World and would have to save up a bunch of money to go back. She thought about this, went to her room and came back with her bank. The first $2.42 we saved toward this trip were her contribution. Needless to say – with a FastPass reservation in hand – her brain is going to melt and it’s going to be amazing.
2) Prince Charming Regal Carousel (Magic Kingdom) – This may seem an odd thing to get overly excited about, but it’s actually quite simple…and bittersweet. As a family, we make a point to end our time at Magic Kingdom by riding the carousel together before we leave the park for the last time. It’s a lovely little button to the end of what is usually a spectacular day/trip and we treasure the tradition.
1) “Cousin” Carrie – Our usual party of four is going to be a party of five (not to be confused with THE Party of Five) this time out. We’re bringing our close friend along with us to experience everything WDW has to offer for the first time. And we’re not gonna lie, nothing will beat getting to witness that.
Hopefully, these are just a few of the highlights of what will be – and always is – a wonderful trip. Time to go put another sticker on the countdown chart!